domingo, 27 de mayo de 2012

Voy a fartar!

That is in reference to my lactose intolerance. Leche is everywhere here. I dunno how to warn my family in Spanish.

Anyways I am here safely. Sorry to my family for not contacting them until now. Communication is sketchy.

I am already having a beautiful time. It is so wonderful to have friends here. A pretty view is not as pretty when you have no one to share it with.

I am already surprised at the words and phrases I remember. I know fluency is closer than ever, but it still feels out of reach. How I long to be a bilingual nurse! But as my host father says, I need paciencia.

I am in the same bed, in my same room, with my same family. I have so many memories of being sad and lonely last summer. Although my times were great, the nights got lonely. And now I have amazing company to keep it with.

Today we are spending the afternoon in Antigua, the most beautiful city in the world.

Tomorrow we orient at the hospital. I long to see Rosalie again! (see posts below)

I have so much more to say, but only 2 minutes of internet. So, until next time!

I love you all. I am here because of you. Besitos!

2 comentarios:

  1. Hola, mi amiga Guatelmateca! Okay, well neither of us are Guatemalans, sure, but we're both here! Just letting you know I'm super pumped for you, praying for you, and would love to hang out in Antigua if you have the chance!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. HAHA i loved the title of this post! miss you and love you! Also, I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ResponderEliminar