miércoles, 20 de junio de 2012

Porfa

My friends, especially those who pray, please think of me! I am so sick- sinusitis among other things- and it makes it hard to enjoy my life here. I am hoping to get better by the time we start are week long travels this friday. If you want to see where I am going google these things (Tikal, Semuc Champey, Rio Dulce...Guatemala).

My head is spinning because of the pressure but also with Spanish. My thoughts are entanged in Spanglish. I know its a blessing in disguise, but I rarely rest.

Within the darker times of studying abroad, here are the things you MUST perfect.
1. The spread method. Unidentified meat? Hot dog in your cereal? Unidentified veggie in fully identified mayo? You must spread your food around so it looks like you´ve eaten it. Which brings me to number two...

2. The cliff bar. Buy a box. When you are poor or stiffed dinner, you will eat them in your bed. Which brings me to the 3rd item.

3. The fake sleep. This especially pertains to little siblings in your host family. If they run in after getting home from school and see that your eyes are closed, you have a little more time to nap before playing tag.
4. Hydration. Do not LOVE water? I found a grocery store with ICED TEA PACKETS. Crystal light. I drink ALL DAY LONG.

5. The carbohydrate. Throw that diet out the window because there is NO way you won´t eat bread 5 times a day. Embrace the carbs.

6. Take control fo the plumbing. Often times you leave a present in the toilet but the water is not turned on. Take a bucket of water and put it in the back of the toilet, it should be enough to flush.

absolutely none of these are known from experience.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario